the Dark Father preamp
A preamp pedal with vintage overdrive, lo-fi fuzz, two boosts, and eq. With a classic overdrive style, modeled after the original DoD 250 preamp. Crank it up for a heavy overdrive or use it as a clean tone. The silicon boost, and the germanium diode hybrid boost. Can give your natural tone that extra transparent boost you want without over-saturation. Or maybe just our new lo-fi fuzz is all you need. With a retro gritty tone, it will never disappoint.
Pedal instructions: Use the pedal in preamp mode or boosts mode. Boosts work independently from the preamp and not at the same time. Lo-fi fuzz can be used with either the preamp or boosts. Only use engage one boost at a time. Boost cannot be stacked.
- FORCE-Preamp overdrive dB boost, Blue Pushbutton
- EQ- Equalizer Bypass on/off, Red Pushbutton
- LIGHT- Silicon Transistor clean boost, On/Off White Pushbutton
- DARK- Germanium Diodes + Silicon transistor hybrid dirt boost, On/Off White Pushbutton
- LOFI- Low fidelity fuzz, on/off Red Pushbutton
- Ⅰ - Treble control, red led slider
- Ⅱ- Mids control, red led slider
- Ⅲ -Bass control, red led slider
- MASTER- Master output volume slider
- SABER- Guitar input signal blend slider, mix wet and dry signals
- Control knob- master gain
- Control knob- boost gain, This boost is based on classic 1960's recording console input, with negative feedback control that crackles when turned, hence the "crackle is ok".
- All buttons luminate
- True Bypass stomp switch- soft click
- Dimensions: 145 X 121 X 39.5mm(enclosure 1590XX)
- Black Matte Paint
- 9-volt negative input (power supply not included) 100mA
- True Bypass
- 100% hand-wired and hand-built
- 1/4" input/output-PureTone Premium black jacks